The Academic Partnership Engagement Experiment has the mission to connect universities, businesses and the government; build collaborations between these sectors; identify their transformational operational defense solutions and capabilities; and advance defense technology development for the Department of the Air Force. The APEX mission supports the United States Air Force Science & Technology 2030 Strategy.
APEX is a Partnership Intermediary Agreement between the Department of the Air Force and Parallax Advanced Research.
The APEX program will expand the Department of the Air Force’s scientific presence, enhance access to top national and global talent, advance innovative workforce development, increase technology transfer and transition opportunities and create a robust pipeline of technology-proficient Airmen.
Our Core Competencies
- Identify collaborators, innovators and technology opportunities using robust data analytics and active connection programs.
- Build & Connect a nationwide network of innovators and technologists from universities, small businesses and the government.
- Develop & Deploy targeted education programs to train university and partnered small business innovators to effectively interface with the Department of Defense.
- Drive innovation through the creation of high-performance teams, innovative concept engineering events and Blue Sky workshops.
- Accelerate & Diversify the technology transition pipeline through DoD challenge problems and novel and targeted small business and technology transition opportunities.
The APEX MOOC are free video and web-based courses are available for anyone to enroll. The MOOC content covers:
- Department of the Air Force Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs
- Proposal writing
- Traditional and open topics
- Website navigation
And many more topics to help you be successful in the SBIR/STTR program! Review the video to the left for an introduction to the MOOC.
The Department of the Air Force is committed to delivering an effective service to connect industry, academia and the government by expanding and strengthening their partnerships and leveraging the innovation networks within them.
The Air Force Tech Connect is a new product provided by the U.S. Air Force to ensure more external innovations have a transformational impact on the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force.
The Tech Connect team, comprised of Air Force Research Laboratory personnel, connects quality, relevant ideas and technologies with U.S. Air Force subject matter experts. The Tech Connect Team will review submitted ideas and inquiries, provide feedback and establish a dialogue between the submitter and potentially interested U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force programs.